One word. Beautiful. Is one word I'd use to describe Lady Gaga's Netflix Original Documentary. I've been a massive fan of Lady Gaga since I was around.......9 years old? She's just amazingly talented and authentic. I feel as though no one really thought that about her, no one really thinks of the word "authentic" when talking about Lady Gaga. This documentary from a fans perspective was a roller coaster of emotions for us. We saw Gaga at her lowest and her highest, and if you've been a fan of her's for a long time, this documentary will defiantly make you tear up. But if you've only just watched it out of pure curiosity then maybe you feel a little confused?

I want to start off with how the whole documentary is filmed. It's very beautiful the way it's filmed. The whole documentary was filmed by Director, Producer and Visual Artist, Chris Moukarbel. Who in my opinion really captured Gaga's emotions on camera. The movie was very majestic and I could feel what Gaga was feeling through the entire documentary.

This documentary isn't just Gaga in pain, crying all the time. It's serious, it's a look into one of the most biggest pop star's lives. Not only does it show how much female artist have to be around men if they wan't to make music but it also shows how fame affects a person. We see Gaga surrounded by men while creating Joanne. It's very enlightening to see Gaga turning it around and seeing her being a boss. Something which is really important to showcase in today's generation, you don't have to feel like you're not in control. Get in control, be the boss on what you want to create. Don't do what others want you to do, do not do what others feel like will be more better/ successful. You can be successful and still be the boss and do it your way.





I also want to talk about how it really shows how raw Gaga's new album Joanne is. I say new, but it has been out for almost a whole year. But to me it's still new! We see in the documentary Gaga creating and singing her songs from Joanne. It shows off how talented she is, her vocals are insanely amazing and I'm not saying that just because I'm a fan. I'm saying that because her voice is truly one of a kind! Joanne got a lot of comments about how it's not "THE OLD GAGA" No, it may be not the old Gaga. It's Stefani, It's Joanne. It's how she started off, it's the kind of songs she wanted to sing in the first place. She loves pop and she loves putting a twist on it. Currently right now, I think Joanne is #8 on the U.S ITunes and #9 Worldwide? Almost a year after it's release? I'd say that just shows what a little promo and amazing songs does!

The last little part I'd like to talk about is how important is was to see Gaga be so open about her pain. If you didn't know, she sadly suffers with a painful condition called - Fibromyalgia, which causes extreme pain all over the body, and causes you to sleep for days and your muscles tend to feel really tight. It's important to see how she copes with it and seeing what it does to a person. In my opinion, I'm really happy she showed us what it's like to suffer with that. As I've never heard of Fibromyalgia before in my life, so I'm really glad she's being so open about it, raising awareness. It's good to show that celebrities can be in pain too, not everything is perfect for a massive pop star. It's healthy to see not everything is perfect for famous people because we all just want to be like them yanno? famous, living the life of fame. But infact it's not all that great. Fame is very toxic, If you have seen Gaga's documentary you'll understand when I say fans, can be really crazy. That's the price of Fame. We see how uncomfortable Gaga becomes being outside with millions of flashing lights in her face and lot's of fans screaming non-stop. I guess it get's too much? Gaga did seem to be a little bothered about the crazed fans following her from location to location.

To conclude this review, I just want to say how amazing it truly is. To see the highs and the lows of the most famous women on the planet. It's a good balance between each scene too. They don't repeat things It's a nice flow. It's not all about just Gaga either, to me it's about Fame, Pain, Feminism, Strong Women etc. It's so nice to see different topics being discussed by Gaga instead of it all based on one thing. I love this documentary to much 10/10. It was beautifully made and portrayed. A well done to the Haus Of Gaga and Chris Moukarbel.

Thank you for reading,


Jake Mellor

@jaakemellor on all social medias.